2. Sieve the flour, salt, sugar and spices. Rub in the butter. Stir in the yeast and lemon rind.
3. Beat in the milk and eggs to form a soft dough and knead it well.
4. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave until doubled in size.
4. Knead until smooth, divide into 8 pieces, and shape into rolls.
5. Cut a cross on top with a knife. Place on a baking sheet, cover and leave until doubled in size.
6. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
7. Warm marmalade and brush over the hot buns. Serve warm.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.