1 level teaspoon of salt 2 oz. of sugar 1 lb plain flour 4 oz. of currants and 1 oz. yeast 1/4 pint of warm milk
1. Pre heat the oven to 175°C
2. Mix together the salt, sugar and flour.
3. Add the currants and the yeast.
4. Slowly pour in the warm milk and mix well.
5. Cover with a tea-towel and leave somewhere warm and free from draughts to rise. (double in size)
6. Shape into small buns, put them on a baking tray and leave to rise again.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes until browned.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.