2 cups all purpose flour, sifted ½ cup soft margarine ½ cup brown sugar 4 Tbsps. raisins 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 medium eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 4 tsps. milk ½ cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to190°C.
2. Grease a baking sheet.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fat into the sifted flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add the sugar, raisins, baking powder and coconut, mixing them evenly.
5. Beat eggs and vanilla together, then pour into the flour mixture and add milk slowly.
6. Kneed the mixture with your hands until a moist dough is formed.
7. With a spoon and a fork, divide the dough into equal pieces and shape each piece into a rough cone on the greased baking tray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
Cooking is fun. Baking cakes and buns can be an educational activity for children, involving measuring, following instructions, decision making and socialising / working with other people. For the best experience make sure you have the ingredients and cooking equipment to hand before you begin baking. These recipes have all been tried and tested, and should work. No specialist cooking equipment is needed - the average kitchen will contain all the ingredients and equipment you need to have fun, and bake great cakes and buns.